SKEZI® is a tool to collect PROMs/PREMs specifically designed for clinical research and healthcare systems evaluation
PROMs (Patient-Reported Outcome Measures )are outcomes in which patient report. For instance :
PREMs(Patient-Reported Experience measures) are refer to experiences reported by patients. They provide insight into the experience of patients in the healthcare system.
- Time spent while waiting before seeing a doctor
- Access to facilities (distance to reach a facility, time to find the right doctor…)
- Involvement (patient and caregiver) in decision-making
- Quality of communication
Physicians rely on many clinical measures to care for their patients: height, weight, blood pressure, laboratory or radiological values, etc. However, for some parameters, the most reliable information comes directly from the point of view of the patients: quality of life, pain felt by the patient, etc., for instance.
For these parameters, physicians will often have an inaccurate representation of the patient's experience. It is therefore necessary to use measurements directly reported by patients.
In research, PROMs/PREMs allow to take into account the experience of patients in the evaluation of treatments.
Au niveau des établissements de soins, les PROMs/PREMs permettent de tenir compte du vécu des patients dans l’évaluation et l’amélioration de la qualité des soins.
And for public health policy makers, PROMs/PREMs allow patients' point of view to be taken into account in public health actions.
Today, the voice of the patient is still little taken into account in assessing the quality of care.
In France, the system e-Satis allows a collection of the quality perceived by patients (i.e. PREMs). It has been implemented since 2016 by the Haute Autorité de Santé, with patients who have been hospitalized. Indicators of e-Satis primarily measure patient satisfaction and experience. They do not measure clinical outcomes or the perceived health of patients.
Outside of France, there are international initiatives such as ICHOM (International Consortium for Health Outcomes Measurement) that work to capture the voice of patients in the assessment of quality of care.
Finally,’OCDE has also carried out a major initiative PaRIS (Patient-reported Indicators Survey) aimed at collecting PROMs and PREMs in 19 countries in order to be able to carry out international comparisons.
- Ensure voice of service user is heard (Greenhalgh 2009)
- Rotenstein L., Huckman R., Wagle N. Making Patients and Doctors Happier — The Potential of Patient-Reported Outcomes N Engl J Med 2017; 377:1211-1213 September 28, 2017DOI: 10.1056/NEJMp1708084
- Williams K, Sansoni J, Morris D, Grootemaat P and Thompson C, Patient-reported outcome measures: Literature review. Sydney: ACSQHC; 2016
- Klazinga, N. S., & Fujisawa, R. (2017). Measuring patient experiences (PREMS): Progress made by the OECD and its member countries between 2006 and 2016. OECD Health Working Papers, (102), 0_1-59
- Y. Yang, D. S. Manhas, A. F. Howard and R. A. Olson, Patient-reported outcome use in oncology: a systematic review of the impact on patient-clinician communication, Supportive Care in Cancer, 26, 1, (41), (2018).
- Weldring T, Smith SMS. Article Commentary: Patient-Reported Outcomes (PROs) and Patient-Reported Outcome Measures (PROMs). Health Services Insights. January 2013
- Katherine de Bienassis, Solvejg Kristensen, Emily Hewlett, David Roe, Jan Mainz, Niek Klazinga, Measuring patient voice matters: setting the scene for patient-reported indicators, International Journal for Quality in Health Care, Volume 33, Issue 1, 2021, mzab002
- Kynoch, Kate; Ramis, Mary-Anne; Khalil,Hanan PREMS and PROMS data within the acute health care context: a scoping review protocol, JBI Evidence Synthesis: January 2021 – Volume 19 – Issue 1 – p 229-23
What SKEZI does
SKEZI®, the services that make the difference
Development of specific modules
Our team of developers will provide you with the specific modules that meet your needs.
Accreditation for hosting health data
Our solution offers cloud , private, secure (HDS certified) hosting, compliant with regulatory obligations (RGPD, not subject to the CLOUD Act ) and efficient with an availability rate of 99 , 9%.
Methodology supervised by academics
Our team of scientists joins forces with the best academics to provide you with the evidences that are valuable to all stakeholders and all authorities.